Doors Open Ottawa
The City of Ottawa is proud to present Doors Open Ottawa, a free annual architectural event that celebrates our community’s built heritage…and you’re invited! It is the second-largest Doors Open event in Canada, and one of the largest in the world!
On June 2 and 3, discover the secrets and stories of over 140 unique buildings that have shaped the Ottawa landscape, such as the Supreme Court of Canada, Hydro Ottawa’s new Hydroelectric facility at Chaudière Falls, the Global Centre for Pluralism, and the Bank of Canada.
Whether you’re a resident or visitor to the nation’s capital, we also invite you to take advantage of the free Doors Open Ottawa Shuttle Bus, operating within walking distance of over 50 participating buildings. If you prefer to walk, no problem! With so many choices, visitors can explore numerous buildings per day on foot within the downtown core.
Join us during the first full weekend in June to pay homage to Ottawa’s history, culture, and stunning architecture during Doors Open Ottawa 2018! It’s free, it’s fun, and it’s the perfect way to discover how Canada’s Capital has become the beautiful city it is today. And don’t forget… Share your #DoorsOpenOttawa experience on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
For disability-related accommodation required to participate fully in this event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) or call 3-1-1.
***Pre-registration details for the following buildings can be found by visiting the 2018 Doors Open Ottawa online building information list:
- Cancer research lab at The Ottawa Hospital(link is external)
- Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum(link is external)
- French Embassy in Canada(link is external) – Pre-registration for the French Embassy in Canada begins May 15.
- Shopify(link is external) – Pre-registration is now closed.
- The Ottawa Hospital Rehabilitation Centre(link is external)
- The University of Ottawa Skills and Simulation Centre(link is external)
Please note the following regarding Doors Open Ottawa 2018 building participation:
1. The Embassy of the United States is not participating in the 2018 event.
2. The French Embassy in Canada will be open from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Pre-registration is required.
3. Suntech Greenhouses is not participating in the 2018 event.
4. The High Commission for the Republic of South Africa is not participating in the 2018 event.
5. McMillan is participating in Doors Open Ottawa on Saturday, June 2. The building is closed Sunday, June 3.
6. Portions of the Aviation Parkway, Rockcliffe Parkway, Sussex Drive, Colonel By Drive, Hog’s Back, and Riverside Drive will be closed to regular traffic in support of ‘Ride for Dad 2018’ during the morning hours of June 2. Prepare your Doors Open Ottawa route ahead of time so that you can cheer on the motorcyclists and visit DOO locations without being impeded by the closures.
7. Entry to the OC Transpo Bus and Train Simulator Training Facility is based on a first-come first-served basis. Please be prepared for longer than expected wait times.
Start Date:June 2, 2018 12:00 am
End Date:June 3, 2018 12:00 am
ByWard Market, various locations