National Doughnut Day – Friday June 1, 2018
National Doughnut Day – with The Salvation Army
Friday June 1
National Doughnut Day, celebrated in the United States, is on the first Friday of June each year, succeeding the Doughnut event created by The Salvation army in Chicago in 1938 to honour those of their members who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War 1.
The Salvation Army in Ottawa is planning their first celebration of National Doughnut Day this year with also marks the centennial anniversary of the end of WW1.
Friday June 1, a small group of staff and volunteers will be in the ByWard Market during lunchtime (11 am – 1 pm) handing out doughnuts to the public in celebration of doughnut day in partnership with Maverick’s Donut Company
192 Likes, 2 Comments – Maverick’s Donut Company (@mavericksdonuts) on Instagram: “Maverick’s Blueberry crumble….it’s a summertime must have!”
More about The Salvation Army:
The Salvation Army provides direct, compassionate, hands-on service and restores hope and dignity to those who might otherwise remain invisible in society.
Our vision is to be recognized for:
- Service Excellence, for effectively addressing and preventing homelessness and providing the best possible services to those in need
- Leadership, for developing community partnerships and finding pro-active, effective and innovative solutions to poverty and homelessness and community issues
- Acceptance, for providing assistance to all those in need with respect and integrity
- Empowerment, for creating a safe, healthy, healing and learning environment for all
Philosophy of Service Delivery
The Salvation Army Ottawa Booth Centre team shows unconditional acceptance of all individuals and families who come for help by:
- Offering services or access to service physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs
- Delivering those services consistently in a respectful, compassionate, and loving manner
- Supporting individuals to build on their strengths in order to live their fullest potential
Start Date:June 1, 2018 11:00 am
End Date:June 1, 2018 1:00 pm
George Street, behind The Hudson Bay