We love Easter weekend in the Market because it means the beginning of warm weather, tulips and patios! The Market is an exciting neighborhood in the heart of the city with something for everyone every day of the year. Hundreds of curious local businesses from Arts to Food to Shopping
Here are our top picks of what to do in the Market this Easter Weekend:
1) Bring the kids down to the ByWard Market Easter Hop on Saturday, April 15th from 11 am to 2 pm. There will be an Easter egg hunt, face painting, balloon animals, kids Easter craft stations, music and more!
Location: George Street Plaza, just in front of the ByWard Market Building, 55 ByWard Market Square
2) Get your craft on with Craft Night Out’s DIY Easter Card making workshop on Saturday, April 15th at 1 pm. This is a great activity for grown-ups and families with slightly older children. Craft Night Out is known for highlighting the social aspect of crafting by combining creativity with friends, food and drinks at local restaurants. This workshop features a dynamic and out-going Artisan teacher who will supply all the necessary materials to complete multiple beautiful handmade Easter cards ready for you to gift at Easter dinner!
Location: Oh So Good Café, 25 York Street
3) Brunch. Enough said. The Market has an exciting restaurant scene, with tastes from around the world. Patios will be open and brunch will be served at many restaurants including:
• Luxe Bistro
• Courtyard Restaurant
• Restaurant 18
4) Let’s face it, not everyone celebrates Easter all weekend long. If you need a break from all the family Easter dinners then escape to the Market and live it up a little. You can spend the whole day pampering yourself and spending a little time on you. We are the home of spas, salons and some serious boutique shopping. Grab a gelato, enjoy a latte in a café, get your nails done, find something unique at a cute shop on North Dal.
Best. Day. Ever.
5) Just do Ottawa. The Market is an iconic Canadian area, there isn’t much more that makes you feel more connected to your homeland than taking a stroll from Parliament down through the Market, enjoying our gorgeous historical architecture, experiencing the buzz of the bustling neighborhood and maybe even indulging in a beaver tail! #MyOttawa
Guest blog post by:
The Handmade Bride
306 Cumberland Street