The position of Communications & Marketing Coordinator requires a bilingual and very technically savvy individual, who is outgoing, creative, organized, tenacious, yet diplomatic.
You can work with limited supervision to achieve results and never miss a deadline.
The position requires a very strong set of digital/tech and writing skills along with the drive and capability to complete tasks on time.
You are outgoing, friendly and willing to be flexible in order to complete tasks within the organization’s mandate. You work well with others and have the knowledge to assist all office digital matters.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, 2020.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, working with the ByWard Market BIA team and corresponding with IT consultants, your responsibilities will include:
- Share important information with the Executive Director and staff members.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our Members.
- Working with IT consultant to support Digital Main Street digital marketing program helping business members to improve their web presence (via Google My Business optimization, suggestions for social media/website content engagement improvement)
- Working with our web design company/IT consultant and using WordPress for content management, you will provide ongoing maintenance, updates and administration to the ByWard Market BIA website, including regular updates to written content, photos, blog and business directory (e.g. posting member updates, updating parking maps, sourcing and creating art/copy for community events) with the goal of always striving to improve website content and ease of navigation for the end user.
- Source, subscribe and review social media & internet sites for articles of interest in the ByWard Market while promoting community initiatives via ByWard Market BIA social media channels via social media calendar, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Trip Advisor.
- Carry out regular updates and ongoing maintenance of membership database of approximately 600 ByWard Market BIA members.
- Ensuring all member information, updates and changes are reflected on the ByWard Market BIA website directory and communications/address lists (Mailchimp).
- Tracking all new businesses to the area, as well as those which leave, in the database and updating all subsequent lists accordingly, including ByWard Market BIA website.
- Working with Events Coordinator to update, prepare and send Welcome Packages to all new members and ensure follow up by retrieving all of the members’ contact information and details for the ByWard Market BIA database and website directory. Ensuring that the member is aware of the ByWard Market BIA and its initiatives, by conducting in-person meetings at the member’s place of business.
- Creating, implementing and delivering via Mailchimp online e-blast service, all ByWard Market BIA communications to membership, select groups and the public, including traffic updates, construction updates, promotion & marketing opportunities and meeting notices.
- Research, write and photograph for ByWard Market BIA Blog on a timely basis.
- Manage and prepare a written report on SEO and Google Analytics results, on a quarterly basis.
Media Relations / Advertising
- Coordinating biweekly CTV ByWard Market Buzz segment to promote business activities and community initiatives (e.g. coordinating spokespersons, working with members to prepare talking points/images to show as b-roll during segment/logistics for segment).
- Managing media inquiries and preparing media statements/supporting the Executive Director in responding to media questions on behalf of ByWard Market BIA.
- Updating media list regularly and fully reviewing quarterly.
- Updating ad scripts and corresponding with CTV for ByWard Market BIA TV ads.
- Managing photo database of professional and event photography for social media, website and advertising purposes.
- Graphic design and copywriting for ByWard Market BIA promotional posters, tower signs, magazine/newspaper ads, etc.
- Prepare and send media alerts/press releases to media databases via Mailchimp.
- Support and assist with promoting all ByWard Market BIA events and activities (e.g. post all required event creative images on ByWard Market BIA website and social media platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Trip Advisor.
- Carry out timely postings and registration links of all ByWard Market BIA Events and Partnerships on the ByWard Market BIA website.
- Create Blog articles for all ByWard Market BIA Events, Community Partnerships, and Sponsored events.
- In accordance with the marketing workback, timely distribution by hand and by email of promotional materials (posters, postcards, brochures, etc.), tourist maps and notifications to members.
- Working with Events Coordinator to solicit and solidify member participation in ByWard Market BIA events as exhibitors or vendors and ensuring needs/requirements of members, (e.g. Winterlude 2021).
- Solicitation and collecting of donated prizes/vouchers from businesses for promotion.
- Attend all events which will include, but not limited to the following responsibilities: Event set-up/ tear down, manning a booth or station, assistance with road closure (police, security, traffic signage), set up of event signage or marketing materials.
- Overseeing and updating 3rd party internet content, pertaining to listings and events for ByWard Market BIA on partner websites (e.g. Ottawa Tourism).
- Administrative duties to include preparing a monthly written Communications Report for Executive Director and Board meetings.
- Assisting with preparation of the Annual General Meeting (Annual Report, presentation materials, promotional support, member communications and logistics as required).
- Assist office staff with IT, digital presentations, video productions, etc.